第十七话
Miss Elizabeth.
伊丽莎白小姐。
I have struggled in vain and can bear it no longer.
我实在没有办法死捱活撑下去了。
These past months have been a torment.
这几个月对于我来说是一种折磨。
I came to Rosings only to see you.
我来罗新斯只是为了见你。
I have fought against judgement, my family’s expectation,
我在与世俗的看法,与我家族的期望对抗
the inferiority of your birth, my rank.
与你的身世,与我的阶级对抗。
I will put them aside and ask you to end my agony.
我要把他们统统抛开让你终结我的痛苦。
I don’t understand.
我不明白你在说什么。
I love you.
我爱你。
Most ardently.
最真挚的爱。
Please do me the honour of accepting my hand.
请给予我荣幸接受我的手吧。
Sir, I appreciate the struggle you have been through,
先生,我感激你的挣扎
and I am very sorry to have caused you pain.
但我非常遗憾给你的只有痛苦。
It was unconsciously done.
这个决定是潜意识下的。
评论